The IUSS/CAESAR Alumni Association website is supported by and for the Members of the IUSSCAA. The Site provides our Members an electronic vehicle to communicate and/or exchange information of interest to the Membership. It is Association policy to allow free access to the various features by non-members, within the following guidelines which apply to all users:
Posting of messages which (1) contain information, data, or procedure that reasonably may be considered "classified" IAW current OPNAV instructions and guidelines, or (2) discuss active site activities and operational capabilities or limitations within the scope of operational security (OPSEC) is expressly prohibited. A general prudential rule to safeguard classified material or OPSEC data by posters is mandatory.
Use of present or future Message Boards or Chat Rooms must reflect respect and consideration for other users of the site.
The IUSSCAA reserves the right to remove posts which violate posting guidelines at its discretion.
Should you have a post removed, and wish to contest its removal, we ask that you contact the Webmaster privately via email ( email@example.com ) and not raise the issue on the board/chat room. Posts requesting clarification of deletions are considered Off Topic and will be removed.
By posting information in or otherwise using any chat room, message board, or other interactive service that may be available to you on or through this site, you agree that you will not upload, post, or otherwise distribute or facilitate distribution of any content -- including text, communications, software, images, sounds, data, or other information -- that:
- Is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another's privacy, tortious, contains explicit or graphic descriptions or accounts of sexual acts, or otherwise violates generally accepted rules of civil conduct, including profanity in any form;
- Victimizes, harasses, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability;
- Infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other proprietary right of any party. If you believe your copyright or intellectual property rights have been infringed, please contact the Webmaster;
- Contains links to software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any data or other information of any third party;
- Impersonates any person or entity, including any employee or representative of the web site;
- Constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk e-mail (also known as "spamming"), chain letters, any other form of unauthorized solicitation, or any form of lottery or gambling;
- Harvests or collects information about the users or members of this site or use such information for the purpose of transmitting or facilitating transmission of unsolicited bulk electronic e-mail or communications or any other purpose.
- Lists personal information usch as addresses, phone numbers (fax, pager, etc.), and other private information that is better exchanged in private email.
- Constitutes spam or off-topic content, which are defined as:
- Posting the same or similar content to more than two (2) message posts;
- Sending the same or similar unsolicited post to multiple recipients;
- Continually posting the same or similar information;
- Posting content that is off-topic to the content of a primary thread;
- Posting statements that do not add value or meaning to the discussion or thread topic;
- Posting excessively on the message board to dominate the discussion;
- Posting which intentionally incites responses which violate the posting guidelines (trolling);
- Constitutes a personal attack, which is defined as:
- Posting harassing or otherwise objectionable content about another person or poster;
- Calling another person or poster names;
- Not staying on topic with the current thread discussion, but instead focusing on an individual's personal information or behaviors;
- is abusive, threatening, vulgar, obscene, or otherwise objectionable.